Hello Everyone !
Its been a while, isn’t it? There are so many things I want to share with you all and today I am able to get(read as “grab” lol) some me-time. So, without wasting further time, I will get straight to the point. This week onwards, I will share my lunch menus.Whats special about these menus is that they keep you full, energetic, suppress the need for post-lunch naps and last but not the least, you wouldn’t be running for coffee soon after your lunch. Yay !
If the above reasons are enough , do try the recipe ASAP 😀
Quinoa – put in simple words – is a wonder. It is a power-house of vitamins, it has low glycemic-index, gluten-free and high in protein with all essential amino acids.
To make this super-grain lunch, we need
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup peas
- 1″ ginger crushed
- half onion
- Salt, turmeric and black pepper
- 1 tableSpoon Cumin seeds/powder
- BIG cup of cilantro/coriander
- Salt according to your taste
- 1 tableSpoon lime juice
- Cook Quinoa according to packaging instructions
- Warm a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and saute onion till translucent. Then stir in ginger and cumin for 30 seconds or so. Be careful not to burn.
- Then add rest of the vegetables. Combine these with cooked Quinoa and add salt, cilantro and drizzle lime juice before serving.
- 1 beetroot grated
- 1 tablespoon all-spice powder/Cumin powder
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- Pink Himalayan Salt according to your taste
- 1 teaSpoon of black pepper
- Whip the yogurt and add the ingredients above! I added some pomegranate seeds which is optional.
That is it, my friends!
Please do not forget to like, comment and share with your near and dear if you liked the recipe.
Chau! See you with next healthy, nutritious and yes, easy to make lunch item with ancient grains!