Today’s recipe is absolutely a no-brainer. My kid and I made these together chatting, laughing and catering to the needs of a little monster without much attention to the measurements.The outcome is perfect. Take my word.
Let’s get into the recipe right away !
- Quick cooking Oats – Approximately one cup
- Cacao Powder – half cup
- Brown sugar – 4 TableSpoons
- Cashews – cut into small pieces – About 10
- Peanut Butter – 2 Tablespoons full
- Two Ripe Bananas
- Vanilla Extract
- Two Mejdool dates cut into small pieces
- Half stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
- I added cashews and Dates but feel free to add any nuts and dried fruit
- I coarsely blended oats but that is optional
- Just replace butter with Coconut oil. You will need 5-6 Tablespoons.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, cream together bananas, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, peanut butter.
- Mix oats, cacao powder, dates and cashews pieces to the mixture and combine everything well.Make sure you do not over mix.
- Grease the baking tray. Roll the dough into balls and place 1 inch apart on the cookie tray.Flatten each cookie with fork.
- The cookies will not expand in size.Bake them for 15 minutes and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Well, That is IT! A perfect energizing evening snack along side plant-based milk or regular milk is ready.
I usually ask readers to try if they like the recipe.However, I urge all of you to prepare these for their nutritional value. Oats are among the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat.Combined with cacao, nuts coconut oil, dates and bananas, this turns out to be a powerhouse of energy.
There is a saying in Hindi, “Ann se mann”, which means food becomes you and influences your mind and emotions. Lets eat well and live well:)
See you all with my next post