Today’s recipe is absolutely a no-brainer. My kid and I made these together chatting, laughing and catering to the needs of a little monster without much attention to the measurements.The outcome is perfect. Take my word.
Let’s get into the recipe right away !
- Quick cooking Oats – Approximately one cup
- Cacao Powder – half cup
- Brown sugar – 4 TableSpoons
- Cashews – cut into small pieces – About 10
- Peanut Butter – 2 Tablespoons full
- Two Ripe Bananas
- Vanilla Extract
- Two Mejdool dates cut into small pieces
- Half stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
- I added cashews and Dates but feel free to add any nuts and dried fruit
- I coarsely blended oats but that is optional
- Just replace butter with Coconut oil. You will need 5-6 Tablespoons.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, cream together bananas, brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, peanut butter.
- Mix oats, cacao powder, dates and cashews pieces to the mixture and combine everything well.Make sure you do not over mix.
- Grease the baking tray. Roll the dough into balls and place 1 inch apart on the cookie tray.Flatten each cookie with fork.
- The cookies will not expand in size.Bake them for 15 minutes and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Well, That is IT! A perfect energizing evening snack along side plant-based milk or regular milk is ready.
I usually ask readers to try if they like the recipe.However, I urge all of you to prepare these for their nutritional value. Oats are among the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat.Combined with cacao, nuts coconut oil, dates and bananas, this turns out to be a powerhouse of energy.
There is a saying in Hindi, “Ann se mann”, which means food becomes you and influences your mind and emotions. Lets eat well and live well:)
See you all with my next post
Recipe of today is the most loved by my family and friends. I have experimented with these by changing the type of chocolate, by adding or not-adding some ingredients. I (and and some of my friends too ) can vouch that every time it tasted heavenly.
So, lets dig into this superrrrr recipe !!!
- Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chips – 1 Cup
- Butter – 1/4 Cup – Cool it to room Temperature
- Powdered Sugar – As per taste
- All purpose flour – 1 Cup + 2 Tb Spoons
- Baking powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract – 1 Tb Spoon
- Milk – 1/4 Cup
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the Oven to 325 F/160 C
- Melt the Chocolate chips and let them cool
- In a large bowl beat butter,sugar, Vanilla extract until light and fluffy
- Stir in the melted chocolate into the butter mixture until it is well blended
- Sieve the All purpose flour , Baking soda and Baking Powder and combine these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Make this into a firm dough which does not stick to the hands
- Add some milk if you feel that dough is too firm or it is difficult to combine
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (after rolling them in powdered sugar) about two inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake 10-12 minutes .
- Let it cool slightly before removing from the cookie sheet
- Bake 10-12 minutes only.
- Leave the cookies to cool before transferring them to another container
- Thet are supposed to be soft and have cracks in between.
- You could use icing sugar too but I prefer powdered sugar.
Second Variation With Cocoa Powder
- I used TCHO Cocoa powder (from Whole Foods) in this second experiment instead of semi- sweet chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 Cup
- Butter – 1/2 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 Cup .The Cocoa powder did not have sugar. So, the quantity of sugar will change
- Milk – 1/4 Cup. You can keep adding milk till the dough combines
- All Purpose flour – 3/4 Cup
- As this had more dry ingredients than wet ingredients, the quantity of butter and milk changed.
Third Variation (VEGAN)
- Cocoa Powder (TCHO from Whole Foods) – 1/2 Cup
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil – 1/2 Cup
- Coconut Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- All Purpose Flour – 3/4 Cup
The method and the baking time are the same in all three variations!
Check out the pics below for more clarity. Hope you will like it !
Please like, share, comment 🙂 Your feedback is important 🙂
Will share my ” Omega 3, Anti-oxidant Rich Energy Bar” in the next post!
Till then, Chau !!