The recipe that I am going to share today will make your kids eat their greens without their knowledge, will make your guests ask for another serving of pasta, will make your toddler eat the entire sandwich loaded with goodness 😀
These are the basic recipes that are “quick-to-make on a hectic day” and can be converted into elaborate meals depending on our time and creativity.
- Nuts of your choice
- Black pepper
- Himalayan salt
- half garlic pod
- Oil of your choice
Blend, Blend, Blend with some water to make it into a creamy paste.
Penne Pasta with Spinach Pesto – Kids’ favorite at playdates
- Cook pasta according to the packaged directions
- Sauté the veggies of your choice with tofu or Indian cottage cheese/paneer in Olive oil
- Add the spinach pesto and cook for one minute
- Add pasta
- Pour about 3 table Spoons of milk and the drained pasta water
- Add parsley and serve with grated cheese
Spinach Fried Rice – A quick fix with leftover rice
Note: Add some red bell pepper to the spinach pesto and blend
- Melt butter in a pan and add veggies of your choice
- Add corn, peas , red onions and cook till they are softened.
- Add couple cloves and raw sesame seeds
- Add spinach pesto and cook for a minute
- Add rice and continue to cook till the rice turns a little crisp
- Add salt if needed
Spinach pesto Veggie Sandwich – Easy, Healthy and tasty lunch box option for kids
- Spread the pesto mixture on one slice and tomato sauce on the other
- Add red, yellow thinly sliced bell peppers and basil leaves
- Add the spice mix* (details below)
- Be generous with the cheese and spread it over the sandwich. I love the grated Italian blend that I get from whole foods.
- I add a thick slice of paneer sometimes but this is optional
- Grill and serve with avocado slices on the side
The above recipe works for this too!
- fennel seeds powder – 1 Tsp
- coriander powder – 1 Tsp
- white pepper powder – 0.5 Tsp
- cayenne pepper (optional) – pinch
If you would like to know any more recipes, please post it in your comments and I will answer asap!!
Will come back with an amazing hair oil recipe in my next post.
Till then, Chao!
One thought on “Tasty and Healthy Spinach Pesto Sauce – One secret sauce for your Pasta, Fried Rice, Frankie, Zoodles and so on..”
Super. Sounds Yummy👌👌
Will definitely try and let you know.