Recipe of today is the most loved by my family and friends. I have experimented with these by changing the type of chocolate, by adding or not-adding some ingredients. I (and and some of my friends too ) can vouch that every time it tasted heavenly.
So, lets dig into this superrrrr recipe !!!
- Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chips – 1 Cup
- Butter – 1/4 Cup – Cool it to room Temperature
- Powdered Sugar – As per taste
- All purpose flour – 1 Cup + 2 Tb Spoons
- Baking powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract – 1 Tb Spoon
- Milk – 1/4 Cup
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the Oven to 325 F/160 C
- Melt the Chocolate chips and let them cool
- In a large bowl beat butter,sugar, Vanilla extract until light and fluffy
- Stir in the melted chocolate into the butter mixture until it is well blended
- Sieve the All purpose flour , Baking soda and Baking Powder and combine these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Make this into a firm dough which does not stick to the hands
- Add some milk if you feel that dough is too firm or it is difficult to combine
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (after rolling them in powdered sugar) about two inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake 10-12 minutes .
- Let it cool slightly before removing from the cookie sheet
- Bake 10-12 minutes only.
- Leave the cookies to cool before transferring them to another container
- Thet are supposed to be soft and have cracks in between.
- You could use icing sugar too but I prefer powdered sugar.
Second Variation With Cocoa Powder
- I used TCHO Cocoa powder (from Whole Foods) in this second experiment instead of semi- sweet chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 Cup
- Butter – 1/2 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 Cup .The Cocoa powder did not have sugar. So, the quantity of sugar will change
- Milk – 1/4 Cup. You can keep adding milk till the dough combines
- All Purpose flour – 3/4 Cup
- As this had more dry ingredients than wet ingredients, the quantity of butter and milk changed.
Third Variation (VEGAN)
- Cocoa Powder (TCHO from Whole Foods) – 1/2 Cup
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil – 1/2 Cup
- Coconut Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- All Purpose Flour – 3/4 Cup
The method and the baking time are the same in all three variations!
Check out the pics below for more clarity. Hope you will like it !
Please like, share, comment 🙂 Your feedback is important 🙂
Will share my ” Omega 3, Anti-oxidant Rich Energy Bar” in the next post!
Till then, Chau !!